Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What ever happened to letter writing?

Remember the excitement you used to feel when you received a card or better yet an actual letter in the mail?! Now all you ever get are magazines, advertisements and worst still - bills. Arrgh! What ever happened to letter writing? And thank you notes?



When I was younger my mom used to make me write letters quarterly to my grandmother detailing the exciting adventures I had in school and ballet lessons (what can I say I was a geek and actually liked school). I also had to write thank you notes for every gift I received whether I liked it or not? When I grew older, my friends and I wrote letters to each other while at summer camp or on vacation so that we could keep each other abreast of our exciting lives.


As much as I hated writing letters as a child, I can’t tell you how sad I am over this lost art. They say change starts with one so I am going to put that philosophy to test. Over the next few weeks, I am going to blog about letter writing and how to make it fun (such as creating personalized stationery). Don’t worry; we’ll discuss other things too! Well, see to ya soon. And let the adventures begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment